Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Soliloquy of Stars: Sprint 4 Delivery

 For this sprint, we really focused on getting everything in engine and starting to get the vfx into the sequencer. One of the first things I did was make a document for the vfx artists called VFX Placements, it showed them what shot to place their effect, as well as what specific frame I wanted the effect to play or stop. It also had a column for our lighting artist indicating what colors we wanted the environment to be at certain points throughout the cinematic. 


Speaking of the sequencer, I went shot by shot and set them up with subsequences for VFX and Lighting. This way, everyone could work in the sequencer independently and not worry about overwriting someone else's work. 





I then checked with our rigging artist to review the final rigs and make sure that everything was working fine. We had some problems initially with the bones of the skeleton not matching up with the mocap data in MotionBuilder, and crunching the mesh as a result, but we got them figured out eventually (I had a similar problem initially with getting them into engine but that also was solved). 




I had to oversee a lot of departments this sprint and had a lot of people asking me questions about their tasks, so I didn't get a chance to do much more cleanup on my section of the mocap. Next sprint, I plan on making that a priority so we can show the cleaned data. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soliloquy of Stars: Final Sprint

 Well, we've made it to the end folks. This sprint was a rollercoaster of emotions, it literally felt like this: We start this sprint of...