Well, we've made it to the end folks. This sprint was a rollercoaster of emotions, it literally felt like this:
We start this sprint off with me trying to troubleshoot the mocap data, and figure out why the cleaned data wasn't matching the mocap data in the sequencer. I noticed that the frame rate of the mocap data in the project was at the original 120 fps that motion data is captured at. After hours of trying different solutions like changing the frame rate of each mocap section in Motion Builder and exporting them to unreal, and re-baking the animation to a higher frame rate, I came to the unfortunate realization that once you plot animation back to the skeleton in MoBu, you can't go back. Basically the updated animation was set to 30 fps, but the animation we had timed our entire cinematic around was set to 120 fps. This meant that all the shots, vfx, and lighting sequences were no longer in the right spot and had to be redone. Yeah, not great.
| Troubleshooting RAHHH |
So with the help of my goated project lead Jules, we spent a half day re-timing the cinematic. Once this was complete, I helped set up a test render so we could catch any other errors with the project before the final render. And then, between the test and final render, I spent the rest of the time cleaning up my mocap section to the best of my ability. I then added everyone's sections together using the Story tool in Motion Builder, and placed it in engine for the final render. The mocap isn't perfect by any means, but considering the time we had I'm proud of everyone for their efforts!
Overall, there's been a LOT of hiccups throughout the duration of this project, but I'm proud of the product we created as a team.
No comments:
Post a Comment